If you need a dedicated host for an alternative clone of server content let
me know
ill be happy to set it up for the slitaz community here i got a 100Mbit
fiber connection
and a server up and running.

Sincerally
Martin "Ztealmax" Svensson


2011/9/27 Shawn Ferris <[email protected]>

> Two questions:
>
> 1) Anyone know when the slitaz.org sites are going to be available again?
> (www,hg,cook, ... they timeout on me currently)
>
> 2) I posted on the forums regarding trying to get a self made package added
> to a custom made flavor. (tazlito doesn't seem to wanna pick it up, and I
> think I'm doing things correctly because I can add any other official
> packages to my flavor and it's fine) Figuring I was being naive about not
> actually needing the chroot jail just to cook my package and flavor, I'm
> trying again to use the chroot instructions. The question is, which one? I
> saw the heated thread regarding cookutils and tazwok, and hopefully I don't
> dredge up any ill feelings about that again, but, I have to ask!
>
> I can't get tazwok to build a chroot jail at all.. fails dependencies. (at
> one point I saw that I received an error regarding gcc not being able to
> create executables.. but I don't know where logs are so I couldn't debug)
>
> I did get the cookutils working, fairly easily, but I'm not sure the
> receipts are fully compatible? The problem is, the source I need to compile
> isn't a straight forward tarball. For one, you download a zip which contains
> a zip, for the sources. (double decompression) The other is that their site
> requires a (different?) User-Agent so I have to sent it to 'Mozilla/5.0'
> just to download it in the first place. With tazwok, all I had to do was
> create a custom download() function, EG;
>
> download()
> {
>     wget --user-agent 'Mozilla/5.0' $@
> }
>
> As well, I had to set the COOK_OPTS !unpack and handle the
> extraction/compilation myself, but.. with tazwok, that works perfectly. As
> near as I can tell, cookutils is completely ignoring my download and unpack
> routines. (I get past the download by doing it manually)
>
> Soo.. I don't really care which cook utility I use, just as long as I can
> get one or the other to work. The question is, how? If someone can suggest a
> better way to replace the download and unpack in cookutils receipts, I think
> that'd be quicker to get me going. But, if it helps to get tazwok going, I'm
> all for that too. In fact, I can do a lot of the leg work, I'm well versed
> in shell, but I would need some guidance. I've been trying to avoid jumping
> into the tools, but if I can help.. I most definitely will.
>
> Thanks for any advice!
>

Reply via email to