Hi Christophe, I have just a question - there are two possibilities to configure the lang and keymap
because on the geode I get the possibility to configure both, but I have no xorg and it looks different it is for me also the sign, if X works or not when I boot libre I think I get tazbox and it looks different. I mean the non X possibilty works quite fine, perhaps this is a solution?? Thomas Am Thu, 22 Mar 2012 16:26:28 +0100 schrieb Christophe Lincoln <[email protected]>: > > Hi Brenton, > > > I still stay it would be simpler to pop up the dialogs after boot > > and use a default language and keymap until it's reconfigured. That > > way we only start Xorg once and the user gets the option to alter > > his keymap and languague to his needs. > > Yes and no... > > We configure the kmap at boot to set console and Xorg keymap layout. > If we dont popu at boot one will get default keyboard in console mode. > > If we want to reconfigure Xorg keymap via config files, Xorg must be > restarted anyway. > > The alternative for X would be to use setxkbmap to change dynamicaly > keyboard layout but want have correct system keymap. > > If we use setxkbmap, we must have a new config in users ~/.config and > call setxkbmap via WM startup script, this mean a lot of modif in the > way we configure slitaz desktop. > > - Christophe > -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

