I think the old way maintains backwards compatibility and is simpler +
faster.  My vote is to stick with the old one.

Christian

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Aleksej Bobylev <[email protected]>wrote:

> Last days I see the sources of (relatively) new /lib/libtaz.sh base
> library.
> Even I added function unboldify() to it.
> Libtaz have several functions to format text: boldify, separator,
> newline, colorize, indent.
> But I think that we need only one function to format text. Why?
> Because we can write one composite message via one function. Like here:
> ==1==
> Before:
>  boldify "$(gettext 'Usage:')"; gettext 'man [section] command'
> After:
>  emsg "$(gettext '<b>Usage:</b> man [section] command')"
> ==2==
> Before:
>  newline
>  boldify "$(gettext 'Tazpkg SHell')"
>  separator
> After:
>  emsg "<n><b>$(gettext 'Tazpkg SHell')</b><->"
>
> What you think about next one try?
>
> Attached files:
> /home/hg/emsg/emsg: function emsg()
> /home/hg/emsg/test: test suite for emsg()
>
> Original libtaz.sh on the SliTaz Mercurial repos:
> http://hg.slitaz.org/slitaz-base-files/file/tip/rootfs/lib/libtaz.sh
>
> --
> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
>
>

Reply via email to