thus nobody else is answering, may I interpret this as approval???? here is the list of apps, who depend on hal (I hope I can trust pkgs.slitaz.org)
dashel : C++ cross-platform data stream helper encapsulation library. gnomad2 : GTK+ music manager for the Creative Labs NOMAD and Zen range gtkpod : platform independent GUI for Apple's iPod using GTK2 gxine : GTK+ Xine media player user interface. hal-cups-utils : Cups backend/utils to browse and configure using HALUDIs hal-dev : Hal devel files. libexo-dev : Xfce extension library dev files hal-extra : Hal extra lib and fdi files. hal-info : hal sub-package that provides the hardware data and quirks. hal-scripts : Hal scripts files. ivman : Generic handler for HAL events. libgphoto2 : core library of gphoto2 to access photos from digital camera gphoto2 : digital camera download and access program hplip : Drivers for HP DeskJet, OfficeJet, Photosmart, Business Inkjet libgphoto2-dev : libgphoto2 devel files sane-backends : Scanner Access Now Easy. brscan : Brother Scanner driver for SANE. brscan2 : Brother Scanner driver for SANE. sane-backends-dev : Sane devel files. xsane : XSane - graphical scanning frontend. pcmanfm : Light and easy to use file manager. lxde : LXDE desktop environement meta package with SliTaz integration. pmount : Mount arbitrary hotpluggable devices as normal user. thunar-vfs : Thunar File Manager Libraries thunar-vfs-dev : Thnuar file manager libraries development files so I think, it is just necessary for cooking.iso to kick out hal, replace pcmanfm with pcmanfm2 (which is nothing else than pcmanfm 1.0) and add quite a lot of udev rules (which are missing) ? Thomas Am Tue, 4 Sep 2012 17:58:40 +0200 schrieb Brenton Edgar Scott <[email protected]>: > I'm in full agreement. We need to move away from HAL and the hd* > naming convention. We should use udev fully with the several apps > required for the shutdown and power management options. > > I have several issues with HAL, but the biggest one is that it refuses > to see DVDs on my system. I wonder what kind of space we'd save on > removing it. > -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

