I should be able to "modprobe tlv320aic3x" to install the tlv320aic3x driver for my Flex-1500 sdr ham radio. I ordered a TLV320aic33EVM-PDK Analog Evaluation (EVM) Kit from Texas Instruments which is the same as the audio portion of the Flex-1500. They both use the TAS1020B USB 8051 Microcontroller to bridge from USB to SPI, I2C data, and I2S, AC97 Audio. I don't know if all of the drivers are present for the TAS1020B, but this is what I get from the system when I plug them in:

USB Devices
UHCI Host Controller
        USB-MODEVM      (Texas Instruments Analog Evaluation Kit)

Device Information
        Product         USB-MODEVM
        Manufacturer    Texas Instruments
Port#0
        Speed           12.00Mbits/s
        Max Current     100mA
Misc
        USB Version     1.10
        Revision        1.00
        Class           0x0
        Vendor          0x451
        Product ID      0xbb01
        Bus             3
        Level           1

from the Radio:
USB Devices
UHCI Host Controller
        Flex-1500

Device Information
        Product         FLEX-1500
Manufacturer FlexRadio S followed by 7 boxes which have 2 numbers over 2 numbers: 7c/79, 30/58, 73/30, 74/00, 65/00, 6d/00, 73/00.

Port#0
        Speed           12.00Mbits/s
        Max Current     0mA
Misc
        USB Version     1.10
        Revision        0.05
        Class           0x0
        Vendor          0x2192
        Product ID      0x1502
        Bus             3
        Level           1

At least part of the driver is working, but I still need the driver for the TLV320AIC33 chip. The [i2c] [PATCH] add TI TLV320AIC33 audio codec support is dated Apr 11, 2007 which was about 5.5 years ago! and should be included in the drivers for Linux. What package do I need to install to get these drivers?

The following is from Texas Instruments:

Hi Frank,

The driver for the AIC33 is part of the standard Linux kernel. You can find it under sound/soc/codecs/tlv320aic3x.c in any standard Linux distribution. I'm not sure which other parts you wanted a driver for. The EVM also contains a TAS1020B USB controller. It is used to bridge from USB to I2S. While this makes it easy to evaluate the device by connecting it to a host PC, I doubt that it gets used as such in any actual product. In any case, that device has its own support page with links to firmware and drivers.
        http://www.ti.com/product/tas1020b

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Hari
S/W Manager
Portable Audio


-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Anderson [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 3:59 AM
To: [email protected] - Codec device driver requests
Cc: Frank Anderson
Subject: [DRIVERS] need linux drivers for all parts of the TLV320AIC33EVM-PDK board.

Dear sirs:

I purchased a TLV320AIC33EVM-PDK board from Mouser.com and need all of the Linux drivers for all of the chips on that board. This board appears to be the same thing as the audio part of my FlexRadio Flex 1500 amateur radio. I haven't been able to use the radio yet because my netbook computer cuts off the last few lines of the display. I think I can get it to work with Wine and set the display so I get all of the lines on the screen. I know there are several others who would like to see a Linux version for this radio, but FlexRadio.com only supports Microsoft Windows. I know their new machines (6000 series) are using arm processors (Davinci) and Linux, but are still in the process of being built. Thanks again for your support.

Frank Anderson, AC0XL
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 435-210-0710


--
SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

Reply via email to