ok, pascal was too quick, he already set CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_ONDEMAND=y
interesting, how it will behave, but I think it will not change anything as long as the CPUFreq drivers are not loaded so, how do we load the CPUFreq drivers like this would be a possibility # CPUFreq processor drivers # CONFIG_X86_PCC_CPUFREQ=m CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ=y CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K6=y CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K7=y CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K7_ACPI=y CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K8=y CONFIG_X86_GX_SUSPMOD=y # CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_CENTRINO is not set CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_ICH=y CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_SMI=y CONFIG_X86_P4_CLOCKMOD=m CONFIG_X86_CPUFREQ_NFORCE2=y CONFIG_X86_LONGRUN=y CONFIG_X86_LONGHAUL=y CONFIG_X86_E_POWERSAVER=m but I do not like it, because at least powernow-K8 can make troubles with tuned CPUs. - I would suggest (quite similar to current): # CPUFreq processor drivers # CONFIG_X86_PCC_CPUFREQ=m CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ=m CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K6=m CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K7=m CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K7_ACPI=m CONFIG_X86_POWERNOW_K8=m CONFIG_X86_GX_SUSPMOD=m # CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_CENTRINO is not set CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_ICH=m CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_SMI=m CONFIG_X86_P4_CLOCKMOD=m CONFIG_X86_CPUFREQ_NFORCE2=m CONFIG_X86_LONGRUN=m CONFIG_X86_LONGHAUL=m CONFIG_X86_E_POWERSAVER=m and CONFIG_X86_MSR=m and to load the CPUFreq drivers with a script (cpuscaling.sh??) as soon as possible and to have it in rcS.conf so the user can easy disable this function. And Richard changed on the same day CONFIG_RT2800USB/PCI_RT53XX=y - so I think, we should think, if there are other configs to be changed and do this now.... Thomas Am Sun, 24 Feb 2013 14:12:47 +0000 schrieb tom <[email protected]>: > @ Brenton - sorry, my skills are far away to be a keymaster - I just > try to push a little bit and help as much as I can and by the way, > Pascal and Ernia are doing much more than me... > > @ Pascal - thx a lot - I have seen you have already removed intel and > nv driver and changed to udevil and spacefm - and I think, it should > be also removed mesa, mesa-dri and mesa-dri-intel. The problem is, > that I do not find them in the flavors list, so why there are in the > iso? > > @ Aleksej - its clear, that 3D is not working, as there is no mesa/dri > and no intel driver. > > I think 5.0 should also follow the SliTaz way - as small as possible. > For real use of SliTaz as your OS it is recommanded to install the > default video-driver with all the mesa/dri stuff - no matter if you > have intel or ati or geode or whatelse grafic chip. > > I can think of 2 possibilities: > > 1) a bootline like "Install your default video driver", that starts > tazx > > 2) xorg-flavours using pizza > > @ Ernia go ahead with udevil.conf, somebody can change it later, when > it does not fit - I just remember very back in my brain, that I was > not that happy in 3.0 times, because SilTaz did not use the plugdev > group to mount with hal - but I do not remember details.... > > @ Eric or somebody else, who is familiar with the forum - do we have > any chance to get txt-attachments for normal users - I think it is > really essential to include users in developement, that they can > attach txt > > for changing things in the Kernel, I will write an extra mail > > Thomas > > > > Am Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:45:57 +0000 > schrieb monghitri <[email protected]>: > > > If udevil is going to be the default maybe someone should > > check /etc/udevil/udevil.conf and adit it to some savy default? > > In mine i allow internal device and let mount disk only to disk > > group. But this is bread for main developers, i think. > > > > On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:54:04 +0000 > > Aleksej Bobylev <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > Hi Tom! > > > > > > Great! Your ISO works on my hardware. Not so well as 4.0, but > > > mainly it's need some cosmetic changes. > > > > > > I have 'Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Integrated > > > Graphics Controller' as hardinfo says, and I've get normal wide > > > screen (1024x600). My Wi-Fi successfully configured and work. But > > > still some problems with 3D, BillardGL not runned. > > > > > > Problem with partitions mounting with SpaceFM: > > > --- GUI dialog --- > > > Run: Mount /dev/sda1 > > > Status: Finished with error ( exit status 2 ) > > > > > > udevil: denied 88: device /dev/sda1 is an internal device and > > > you're not root > > > [Help] [Pause] [Stop] [Close] > > > --- end --- > > > Yes, I'm tux and I can mount partitions as root. > > > > > > Several TazPanel issues: > > > I see garbage in the second column of table in > > > http://tazpanel:82/network.cgi?wifi > > > And I see short titles (8 symbol max) on package installation page > > > like this: http://tazpanel:82/pkgs.cgi?do=Install&nillardgl > > > > > > I think we need to see your changes in the Rolling ISO. > > > Main developers, please, who can change current Rolling flavor? > > > (at least, remove hal and add udevil) > > > > > > -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

