Brenton, I agree with you, that the next version of slitaz should be based on qt, but I think before 5.0 should be finished.
Thomas Am Sun, 22 Dec 2013 05:26:35 +0200 schrieb Brenton Edgar Scott <[email protected]>: > Eric got me interested in playing with Buildroot again. I have built a > few linux systems with it, but I've only learned recently how to test > them properly in QEMU by using grub to boot them. I'm also going to > experiment with a script to convert Buildroot compiled packages into > something SliTaz can use. I just want to see if it can be done and it > would be a pretty cool thing since I could then generate > cross-platform packages as quickly as I can compile them with > Buildroot - including a Linux kernels for 64bit and ARM systems. > > 1.) Seems the simplest approach. Xvesa has been integrated into Xorg > btw (not vesa, but something called kdrive), so maybe that's worth > looking into. As a more fully featured SliTaz, maybe it would be a > good idea to go the Qt route for that version. It will look way > better than the GTK version would and we get pcmanfm-qt for free with > RazorQt. > > Group management to handle mounting of drives seems needlessly > complicated, but udev already does something similar if memory serves, > so maybe it's the way to go if it can be done seamlessly. > > 2.) I prefer xz over 7zip these days. It's based on LZMA2 like later > 7zip, but compresses way faster and smaller. The only downside of it > is that it needs a tar container like gzip and bzip2. Still unrar has > certain limits, which is why most people make the non-free rar an > requirement. > -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

