Hi Pascal,

I am trying it out using elilo but getting an error that says - "Could not
read boot sector from vmlinuz...".

1. Can you please check if the following config option is enabled for the
64-bit kernel?

CONFIG_EFI

Ref:
http://webapp5.rrz.uni-hamburg.de/SuSe-Dokumentation/packages/elilo/elilo.txt
Section: XIII/ Booting on EFI/x86_64 platforms

2. The section also says:

Elilo ONLY takes compressed kernel image which are
        typically obtained via a 'make bzImage'. Plain elf/x86_64 kernel can't
        be booted (plain vmlinux will not work). Similarly, existing initial
        ramdisks can be used without modifications.


but when I am checking the vmlinuz file, I get:

$ file vmlinuz-3.2.53-slitaz
vmlinuz-3.2.53-slitaz: Linux kernel x86 boot executable bzImage, RO-rootFS,
swap_dev 0x2, Normal VGA

I think the vmlinux should be x84_64 instead of x86 as shown above.


Regards,

Arun

http://regexp.co.nr


On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Pascal Bellard
<[email protected]>wrote:

> Can you try http://mirror.slitaz.org/iso/rolling/slitaz-rolling-core64.iso?
>
> > Can someone build me a 64-bit Slitaz ISO with this kernel? I would try to
> > make it work on UEFI devices as well.
> >
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Arun
> >
> > http://regexp.co.nr
> >
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Arun Prakash Jana
> > <[email protected]>wrote:
> >
> >> Good news!
> >>
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Arun
> >>
> >> http://regexp.co.nr
> >>
> >>
> >> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 3:56 AM, Eric Joseph-Alexandre
> >> <[email protected]>wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hi,
> >>>
> >>> Today the kernel was updated to 3.2.53 in the wok.
> >>> This will surely be the version available in the future cooking.
> >>> The suggestions made by kultex, shann, Tom (sorry for those I forgot)
> >>> have been added to the kernel configuration. if we forgot something do
> >>> not hesitate to report it here or on the forum.
> >>>
> >>> I hope it will fix a lot of problems and we will release soon a new
> >>> Cooking verion.
> >>>
> >>> Regards.
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >
>
>
>
> --
> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
>
>

Reply via email to