Hi, > The BASEVER variable was used so i didn't have rebuild every 3rd-party > kernel module. Thats why i think i made 3.x-slitaz like version names.
Let say we dont change often the kernel version so you may have to rebuilt them twice a year, no ? And we talking about how much pkgs, 8-10 ? I did a huge clean-up in linux package, used new config files with adviced from Kultex, Mojo and other contributors to have a better desktop support. I did it also because it was needed: sound bug, usb bug, x bug... often due to the unfamous symlimk in /lib/modules and the kernel version hack. Depmod missmatch the correct dir and some mods are not correctly installed/loaded. Finaly I found easier to use an old-school and standard method! If you want to save compile time with kernel, skip the x64 built: # cook linux --nox64 Or make it cross compile so we dont have to built it in our i486 arch wok :-) - Christophe -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

