Mike Piercey wrote

>question: who the heck are Purple Knight?  I got their 7" today (no
>i haven't listened to it yet, Mr. Mortal Coil), and the explanation
>on the sleeve is as confusing as all heck, indeed.

Purple Knight is Mark Gaudet (drummer for Eric's Trip) and
Raynald LeBlanc (??). They formed a rock band in 1974, the named
is a play on Deep Purple's song Black Knight. They have broken up
rejoined broke up rejoined many times since then. Mark is actually
close to 30 years old. I saw an interview with Julie and she said
that E.T. was really happy when they "got" Mark, because he was the
best drummer around. The band started when he was around 10 years old
(listen to the lyrics, they're pretty simple). Mark is on drums and
Raynald is on guitar. They are really pretty fast compared to Trip.
Hope you enjoy the 7", and to everyone else ----->BUY IT!!

"Women, children and men
would never see each other again
All because of that damn battle,
the battle of 1942"

                                Adam

Adam Rodenhiser   "There are a million things to eat that are not cheese!"
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      Hole singer Courtney Love on dieting a la Grunge
"...or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon:
see if I don't!"--> Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz (HHG Douglas N. Adams)
"Took a bite out of your brick wall, taste it's bitter concrete truth..."
 Sloan, Eric's Trip, Thrush Hermit, Union Jack Squat, etc fan of 'em all