Since James posted the original, horribly unedited lyrics, I'll repost the
corrected (to the best of my interpretation) ones.

}UNDERWHELMED from the album "Smeared" (**)
}------------
}
}She was underwhelmed if that's a word
}I know it's not 'cause I looked it up
}That's one of the skills that I learned in my school
}
}I was overwhelmed, and I'm sure of that one
}'Cause I learned it back in grade school
}When I was young
}
}She said you was funny, I said "You are funny"

She said "You is funny",...
[He's correcting her grammar]

}She said "Thank you" and I said "Never mind"
}She rolled her eyes, her beautiful eyes
}
}When it's not the grammar, it's the feeling

The point is not the grammar,...

}That is certainly in my heart
}But not in hers
}
}But not in hers (x4)
}
}We were talking about people that Eve meets

We were talking about people that eat meat
[she's a vegetarian, thus his disgust and the "ate my young" line]

}I felt like an ass cause I was one
}She said "It's ok" but I felt like I just ate my young
}
}She is obviously a person with a cause
}I told her that I don't smoke or drink
}She told me to loosen up on the way to the L.C.

(Nova Scotia) Liquor Commission, before we get a stream of questions from
the out- of- towners.

}She skips her classes and gets good grades
}I go to my courses rain or shine
}She's passing her classes while I attend mine
}
}While I attend mine (x4)
}
}She wrote out a story about her life
}I think it included something about me
}I'm not sure of that but I'm sure of one thing:
}Her spelling's atrocious
}
}She told me to read between the lines
}And tell her exactly what I got out of it
}I told her "afection" had two f's
}Especially when you're dealing with me
                        ^^^^^^^
                        occasionally changes to "f**king" when played live

}I usually notice all the little things
}Since I was proud of it, she says it's annoying

I've never figured out the first word to this line: maybe "I always
was..." or "Sometimes I was..."

}She cursed me up and down and rolled her r's
}Her beautiful r's
}
}She says I'm caught up in trivialities
}But all I really want to know is what she thinks of me
}I think my love for her makes me miss the point
}
}I missed the point (x7)
}Hey mister

The quest continues...

--
"Though it be not written down,  yet forget not  that I am an ass!"
Dogberry, Much Ado About Nothing (well portrayed by Michael Keaton)