I was watching Star Trek (TOS) the other day and it was the one where
Spock, Bones, Scotty, and a few expendable crewmen (and one expendable
crew woman, shot in traditional fuzzy focus closeups, but I digress) crash
their shuttle on a planet inhabited by 12-ft tall Neanderthals with huge
Styrofoam (tm) spears and they have to use phaser power to recharge the
shuttle and get into orbit.  Anyway there was one crewman who questioned
every order Spock gave and generally whined about everything that went on
and Dammit, Jim, I could have sworn they were calling him "Mr. Catano" but
by the end of the show it became apparent that his name was Guytano or
something like that.
    Still, the similarity was remarkable, although he didn't look much
like our pal Mikey.
    So anyway, our official SloanNet bugaboo gets mentioned in places more
surprising than Lou Barlow CDs, even on TV shows filmed long before his
birth.
    And by the way, I seem to recall that Plumtree survived a similar
stranding on a planet inhabited by apemen, but there was one nice ape
named Galen who helped them escape...