I missed al tuck. It seems I always miss al tuck b/c he always starts
playing while I'm still at work (conspiracy? hey marc, can you do
something about this? :)
 Superfriendz were amazing! Better than at the funding drive in feb...no
guest hip club groove appearances this time but lots of extremely tight
renditions (esp when they paid me, I'm always surprised when they manage
to coordinate all of the parts of that song b/c it seems so easy for the
drums to get ahead of the guitar & then it just falls apart) of I think
every song from the new lp, some new songs, something by al tuck, the
rolling stones "start me up" (for which chris played bass & drew played
drums) & a bit of a generic monoxides tune. Adam & I were sitting waaay
back for the 1st half of the set so I couldn't see drew b/c a pole &
jenny pierce standing next to the pole were in the way. Chris M appeared
to be exorcising some serious demons with the way he was attacking the
drum kit...his glasses kept slipping down his face until finally they
fell off...I've never seen him have so much fun playing ever (tho tara
lee & roderick said that this was reminiscent of the cafe ole show a
couple of weeks ago)...matt did all sorts of double karate kick sorts of
things (& I thought he reserved those for the lil orton shows) & kicked
the cymbal into chris' face at one pt...adam mentioned to me that he
thinks matt is starting to look & act a little like joel plaskett but that
must be that "all hfx bands look alike thing" :)...it just amazes me that
1 of them can start playing a song & the others, all mouthing "what are
we playing" can follow along seemlessly...the best band in hfx! While we
were sitting on the floor for the encores someone started dancing using a
hula hoop...it was the most bizarre thing...nothing really to do with the
show I just thought it was weird....

Saw the monoxides at birdland afterwards...about 4 songs 1 of which was
their faithful cover of kiss' "deuce" ...they're so "macho" it kills me!
") THey thanked the audience for not starting fights like "the last 2
times" they were here & the guitarist with the rosy cheeks was wearing the
same treble charger shirt that he wore while playing the eric's trip moncton
show....

Oh I also saw james & jim and a few others walking down towards birdland
on my way home from work fri night & they looked very dapper in their
white shirts, dark suits & skinny ties. WAs the rest of the coyote crowd
so fashionable?

.........kat, in the green velvet dress I was supposed to wear