re canadian bands respect

the problem also lies in canada.  If you were to name off amazing
canadian bands such as the watchmen, furnaceface, headstones, jale,
eric's trip etc.  it is doubtful that the average high school student
would recognize them all.  Music is driven down our throats and people
want to listen to shitty music to feel cool.  I am convinced.  I have
always considered my bitterness with the fact that the Hip are not big in
the states.  but i think it's enough that i like them because there is
nothing i can do.  Perhaps we should keep these amazing bands for our
selves,  no fucking sell outs.  If bands become big do you think they'll
ever  play
small bars again?  Listening to their c.d.'s would not be enough for me.
Conclusion: American music industry is fucked, nothing we can do, all
they want to hear is all-4-one, and fucking ace of base.  let them wallow
in shittiness, i'm going to enjoy the watchmen next time they come to town.

Dugas