Hey! Warning!! This reply is about 99 % cheese! :)

On Sun, 30 Apr 1995, Carol Nishitoba wrote:
> column 'the back page bitch', there are a bunch of 'canadian musical
> equations'.  here's an interesting one...
>       jim carroll
>       -------------   X  4 = sloan
>       motorhead
> um... who is jim carroll?  who are motorhead?

Hi, Tara "Lee Aaron/Metal Queen" Wittchen here, host of Megawatt Mayhem
(two hours of molten metal!) ready to answer all your metal related questions.
Don't try this at home, I'm a trained professional (I've seen Judas Priest
live many times...)

Motorhead is a band of four ugly brutes from England who are considered
to be pioneers in metal music, alongside the likes of Iron Maiden,
Priest, Black Sabbath, AC/DC and so on.

They are kinda like the Ramones of metal - goofy looking, all their songs
are pretty well just the same song written over and over, and nearly
everyone in their particular genre of music acknowledges the impact
they've had on it. Pretty basic stuff, but wicked nonetheless. They have
put out approximately 8,983 albums since they formed. :)

Their best known tracks are "Ace of Spades" and "Killed By Death", but my
personal favorite, if you'll allow me to indulge myself is "Orgasmatron",
which incidentally has been covered by Sepultura.

Sloan Net content: Patrick Pentland loves AC/DC. You can't tell he does
in Sloan songs, but if you've ever heard that Otis Haynes track "Gimme
the Keys", wow, the banger comes out to play!!! Also, one time I got
Chris Murphy to do a show ID for my lame metal show and this is what he said:

"Hi my name is chris murphy and I play in a band called sloan. You're
listening to...get this...Megawatt Mayhem...allegedly...on CJSW 90.9
fm... <makes hideous metal guitar noises for several minutes...>" :)

As the once mighty Metallica used to say, Metal Up Your Ass!
Tara, the metal queen
--
Sleep...sleep...come to me...walk me down my street....
                      - Elevator To Hell, "Morning Clouds"