Hey! This is my first post, so I'm not sure who's listening, but I want to
expand on something posted by [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Sonic Unyon is really shaping up to be a HEAVY label i wonder how treble
charger ended up there, i was listening to this radio show last night
and they played mostly sonic unyon stuff and most of it sounds like
metal! yah i'd think i'd much rather be on murderecords"

Alright. If there are any sonic unyon superfans out there, please tell me
if you think i'm wrong, but one of the things that annoys me about this
label is that sometimes the imagery of the label and tristan psionic
overshadows the music of the bands on its own. This sucks, because there is
really some great music on the label, from the likes of Sianspheric, Treble
Charger, etc. and it sort of feels like you have to peel the unyonskin away
to to get to the music. I also notice that many people in S. Ontario list
this as the first interesting point about the band.

"Hey, have you ever heard of Sianspheric?"

"Yeah, they're on Sonic Unyon"
when the real answer should be "Yeah, didn't they record their album on the
moon?"

It's true that the label deserves credit for releasing the fine fine
diverse music of lake ontario to the world, and people like Treble Charger,
Hayden, and other larger acts w/ releases on SU will probably not be
swallowed by the giant sticker on their releases, but it worries me that
people will generalize about the music coming from Southern Ontario as "it
all sounds like Tristan" as some people would expect all music coming from
Seattle to be Nirvanableach, Olympia to be Beat Happening, North Carolina
to be Superchunk, Halifax to be Sloan, when we know that none of this
examples are true. Why does the label need fame when its acts are
successful on their own? It especially worries me because the label has
TOTALLY saturated the local indie market. The reputation of the label is
such that if I were to put up posters around town that say "SONIC UNYON
PRESENTS: Perhaps Love, Niagara's ultimate tribute to John Denver" the show
would probably draw 300 skaters and glitter girls.

I do recommend that everyone goes out and gets the treble charger release
even if you aren't a big fan of the band because it contains an EXCELLENT
cd-rom track with information on cool zines like Fuzzy Heads are Better and
cool bands like the Inbreds, Hayden, and Wooden Stars.

:} Aaalex.

alexgeddie                               "i know you think you're deep
pobox458                                  alright
fonthillontario                             but you should stay in the
L0S1E0                                      shallow end"
sendstamps!receivezines!             -superchunk