On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Lisa Wilton wrote:

> Sloan are aware of SloanNet and they know that
> there are a lot of people who simply adore them, I've met them once with
> Tara Lee (of course) and I don't think that they'll abandon their fans
> like that.  And remember, it took them what? 15 years, but the Eagles
> finally played together again, and they HATED each other.  Sloan aren't
> the Eagles (thank God for small miracles) but I'd like to think that
> maybe they'd  be willing to jam live together every once in a while,
> maybe for a birthday party, like Tara Lee's or heck, even Rita MacNeil's.

I don't think that people should really be concerning themselves too much
with the prospect as to whether the band will ever play together as a
unit again.  I'd hate to see a band play together just for the sake of
their fans while not enjoying it themselves.  It's always more fun watching
someone have fun!  Their appearance at Edgefest didn't seem to have the
same zest that was there before.

Sloan _is_ just a band, and if they break up, they break up.  I feel
people shouldn't be too sad, since they are definately not out of the
music business, and they have not stopped trying to improve and put
something into the music scene.  I think of all the bands that I have
learned about through Sloan, and then I think of all the offspring bands
that may rise/transmogrify because there are four new musicians out there
with a bunch of ideas in their heads.

Just wish the members luck, and hope that they keep loving music!

Thanks,
Shawn

 ___ _____  ___   ___ _  __ | Shawn Stackhouse                     | _ __/|
/ __|_   _|/ _ \ / __| |/ / | Faculty of Mathematics / 3B ActSci   | \`O.o'
\__ \ | | |  _  | (__| ' <  | University of Waterloo               | =(_ _)=