On Wed, 30 Aug 1995, McHugh,Janet;Med; wrote:

> As for east coast album art, Twice Removed does look nice, as does Some
> of the Erics Trip stuff, but none really have a plethora of images or
> stuff which is what really what gives me a boner.
>
>Twice Removed I thought had one of the worst album cover of all time.
It was so bad that I am under the impression that Sloan, who in my mind
would never intentionally put out a cover like that, made that cover as a
response to the way they were being treated as a band by teeny bopper
fans and DGC execs - i.e. marketable faces, and the new hot-thing.  In
that context, then it is a good cover, but I am not sure that everyone
who sees it will get that message (my roommates sure didn't, and would
constantly mock me and sloan without ever having even listened to them).

Re: eric's trip covers+ album art.  Here is a different story.  I find
(especially on forrever again and G st. haunting) that the artwork has
the same general asthetic that the music does, and helps to give it all
the same sort of homey, straight from the heart, basement 4-track
feeling.  No one does it quite as beautifully as they do.  And I mean
that. Their work has an elegant beauty to it that a lot of other lo-fi
bands don't have.  Even Sebadoh (who I'm sure is a big fave among e.trip)
don't hit quite the same chord.  They are great, yes, but quite different
in approach and execution.
Ok, enough preaching.
-dream.