yeah, cassettes!

i just got a tape with the latest State Champs hits on it, and if you
were ever into them before you'll probably adore this latest collection.
they are sharpening up their *pretty* guitar skills and they're sure to
make you happy to know them.

"southern hadley accents" brings a tear to my eye, but it will rock you,
too. i think that's the thing i'm beginning to like most about them, is
that they'll rock you but you'll feel sad and mushy sometimes without
knowing why. it's why "broadcasting features" is still my favourite on
the 7'', it's all sad and rockin in a slow kind of way. something for
everyone. hahahaa!

the guitar sounds are more archers of loaf than anything they've written
before, and i don't mean that in the joking "they sound JUST like archers
of loaf" way, i mean...ok the best example that comes to mind is one of
my favourite aol guitar moments is the part when they're singing
"and there's a chance that things will get weird/yeah that's a possibility"
in the BIG hit which i'm sure you all know "harnessed in slums", the guitar
bit is soooo wicked and that's what i mean, it's like that. you can see
this most obviously in the song "Cost for allowance".

"the stately elms", the song formerly known as "fuck the jesus lizard" is
still my favourite, the way it rocks in a subtle way. the guitar sound
reminds me of a lazy superchunk almost but i really don't know very much
about rock music so i'll shut up now.

the tape is worth getting just to hear jon sing all high pitched "all
right" in a rather hilarious fashion. it's like when i heard mike pick
singing all high and stuff, it takes a while to get used to it, but oddly
enough, it seems to fit.

since james and jim taped this stuff for me, i'm not exactly sure how to
go about getting your own collection, perhaps email wayne at

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

or ask listmanagerboy

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

but.....ORDER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! and don't forget to buy your copy of the
_nevada downs_ 7'' from daydream, help keep the dream alive blah blah blah...

tara
stupid girl
--
"A lot of people think Matt's Kato Kaelin."
                     - Drew Yamada, the Super Friendz

***CJSW 90.9 fm --> http://www.ucalgary.ca/~cjswfm***