He just played a free noontime show at the U of S, and I just feel
compelled to write about it, I've never been this moved by anything I've
seen live before.  He was kind of squished into a corner by a triangular
staircase thing, and so the forty or fifty people watching him were
spread out in a v-shape around the staircase.  He played just about
everything from 'In September' and 'Gouge Away' from the single, and
every single song was an epic classic, he screamed and shouted the fast
one and whispered the slow ones, missing notes and forgetting lyrics
because he was so tired, which of course just added to the feeling of
intimacy.  There was about 200 med. students who were talking quite a bit
around our little group at the start of the show, but by the time he was
done they had all left for class, so there was this awed silence in the
dead quiet lounge when he finally left.  I've never felt anything like it,
it was like waking up from a dream when he stopped playing.  Wow.

--
'I won't sell you a bun, you bastard!' - Iron Monkey
Mike Winter | [EMAIL PROTECTED]