hello :)

wheee!  midterms are finally done :)  yep, after 4 hours of perfect
panic, i headed off to the volcano club in kitchener to watch the 3
groups mentioned.  and they were excellent!! (btw: i know i'm talking
about bands from the *other* coast, but read on if you don't mind..)

i got there right at 10 p.m., and pluto had already started.  eek!  they
rawked, and sounded great.  i'm not too familiar with pluto; i just
started to hear their stuff about 4 weeks ago (thanx andrea :) ), but i
love them :)  really cool stuff.  hey, and after their set, the bass
player sees my t-shirt and said "the super friendz!  i love them!"  (i
figured i'd wear my sf tee since i usually see charles austin wearing his
pluto tee)

pansy division were on next, and how could you *not* like them ;) they're
a lot of fun, catchy tunes, and the bass player is adorable..
well, except during the last track when he decided to bare all... i saw a
buttox and turned the other way, faster than the speed of light!

cub closed and rawked the night away :)  it was my first time
seeing them live (actually, that applies to all of the groups) and i had
a lot of fun :)  made a full recovery from my midterms!  none of the
famed 'cub candy' though :(  but they did do a lot of screaming (well,
lisa g and robynn, though lisa got into it during 'the day i said
goodbye'), and lisa g's bass drum kept on moving away from her.. freaky!

excellent and fun night of music :)  and lisa g and john (guitarist of
pansy division) both had the same thing to say to me :) ("you looked like
you were having a lot of fun because i saw you smiling throughout the
set") :D  <insert tdc's indian wisdom quote here>  that night almost made
me forget that mcgettigan must die.. ;)  (hey, waz dis w/ benvie posting?
or wuz it an imposter?) (does it mean that mr. pool didn't kill him?)

check out nov.'s _exclaim_ with a review of the state champs single (ok
review..), and the totally unfair, totally upsetting (well, for me at
least) tour schedule of the super friendz and al tuck and no action. :P
(they're basically hitting the places they did for the "living stereo
tour" they did w/ jale and the inbreds.. grrr...)

                        ...sizzle teen

p.s.  there may still be a chance of eric's trip coming down to
kitchener... volcano staff said nov 17....

carol nishitoba                  |
2A E.R.S., co-op                 |
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |