Last night I drove to montreal to see Thrush Hermit, Guided by Voices
and Urge Overkill.  I was impressed with Thrush Hermit, they played
everything I wanted to hear, opening with Take Another Drag and
finishing with GPO.  With them being the first band and all, I was
glad to see that the crowd was into their music, a lot of them
hearing it for the first time.  GBV was kool, I have to admit that I
had only heard two of their songs before this concert.  UO was
Glamour but they still Rawked. However I was dissapointed in the
prices of the GBV and UO memrabelia (I think 28$ for a T-shirt & 40
something for a sweater) and very impressed with the Thrush Hermit
solution to these prices.  Rob B. sold T-shirts in a downstairs
corridor for $15, after some fan encuragement.  It is good to see that
they are true to their fans.

Jeffrey Parker