> chinstraps and they are so great, they remind me of purple knight meet the
> archers of loaf.  they had all kinds of cool little stage props, a sheet
> of plexi-glass, a hand holding wire(propped up on a rotating shaft), a
> drum machine, and cool head gear.

the hand! the hand was *the* coolest thing (tho the drummer's chewbacca
wig with pink braided headband was pretty brave too;)...the chinstraps
remind me a bit of deja voodoo, what with the hilarious inanity of their
lyrics ("the creature from the blue lagoon,it went BOOM! BOOM!"
onomatopoeia!)...heather,shant & I (& later on, anoasis waiter) almost
lost our lives to a huge piece of sheet metal, 1 of the many props, as it
capsized on to the dancefloor. It was an evening of destruction & fury!
Sanisoft Bob even lost pieces of his drumsticks!
 and i was *very* impressed with best f'n chips. ferocious. passionate.
acoustic bar shows are always very difficult but i think by the end of
the set there were more people up front paying close attn than sitting at
the back drinking, & even lou b himself couldn't do that at the pop exp 2
yrs ago so there!..............................kat, fan-for-hire:):)

"I saw the Chinstraps & Sanisoft at the Oasis..and man, these guys need
  to lighten up."  - sticker given out at oasis show (+variations thereof)