It was a cool show. Elvis Mondays is kind of like an open mic night at
the El Mocambo in T.O., so it was cool to see the Superfriendz there. The
crowd was pretty good for a monday night, at least 150 or so people (I'm
bad at judging crowd size, though). The set was pretty short, since 6
bands played. The new songs sound better every time I hear them. The new
drummer, Lonnie James, has played in a lot of hardcore bands, so they're
a lot faster and tougher sounding now than ever before. Sometimes it was
great - the end of Rescue Us from Boredom was a great rave-up - but
others, like "It's Up and Running" might've benefitted from a lighter
touch...The Sinisters, a totally over the top
leather-pants-with-laces-up-the-side-wearin' stooges wannabe band played
right after the Superfriendz, and Son of Bronto, a speedmetal-punk
crossover band circa 1982, played right before 'em. T.O. is so oldschool,
it's almost cute.