Ok... Here's my little review of the show at the Jammin'
Monkey last Friday (Dec. 15).  Someone asked me if I would do
it so, why not?  BTW, this person's name does NOT rhyme with
Beremy Glark.  Just thought that I'd make that point clear
before hand... =]  Oh well.. On with the review.

First up was Wheadeater.  Ok, I think they've been around for
longer than either of the two other bands that performed, BUT,
sorry guys, it doesn't show. =]  As long as I can remember
them playing, it's been the same songs over and over again.
It's getting a WeEEe bit boring.  From what I hear, the band
hasn't jammed much lately, so I guess that's kinda an excuse.
But, IMHO, a band that doesn't jam anymore doesn't really have much
of a point...  Oh well.. that's just my 2 cents...  Of course,
they're all amazing musicians.  It consists of Brian Downton
on vox/guitar (deja vu?), Peter King on bass, Jason Denief on
drums, and another guitarist, but I don't know his name.. =]

The next band that played was CHED.  Definantly good local
material, and real nice guys too.  I like them a lot, but some
other people may disagree with my opinion on them.  No matter
what _some_ people think of them tho, they're doing pretty
good for themselves.  Just when I thought that the only bands
that would always get people outa their seats were Bung,
Potmaster, and Potato Bug.. =]  But ya.. Back to friday.. =]
They do a cover of Message In A Bottle by The Police.  I don't
think that I've ever seen a crowd get so excited to get a band
to play a cover.

Last, but CERTAINLY not least is the John Kenneth Wilkes Blues
Band (yikes! that's a long name.. =]).  I've only seen them
play twice, but both times I was thouroughly impressed.  Not
only are they ALL good musicians, but they put on a good show
too.  I mean, it's not just "this song is called <insert
cheesy song name here>"... and then they just play music.
They actually do stuff in between..  Mainly due to Peter I
think.. =P  But they have such cool songs.  There are three that
come to my mind especialy.  First is umm.. "Subhumanoid Love
Song" (correct me if i'm wrong)..  It's like a zombie love
song.. =]  And Alex sings it in this neat zombie-like voice..
Next song is called "little red riding hood" and is about..
you guess it.. little red riding hood.  Hehehehe.. again, this
is sung by alex at times in one of his funny little voices.
Near the end the song speeds up into this super fast, "nothing-
to-do-with-what-a-normal-person-would-call-blues" pace.. The
last song is one that I've only seen them perform once, and it
was the first time that they played it too..  That's becuase
they made it up as they went along.. =]  It's called
"Free Skins-Mahoney."  I believe it's about
their old drummer, Skins-Mahoney, who (hehehe) "was arrested for
dealing drugs"..  umm.. sure guys.. =P

Oh well.. I ended up talking about the bands themselves more
than the show.. Oh well.. Just from the way that I described
the bands I'm sure you can guess that over-all this made for a
real good show..

        - WeS-ARoOOoOO