From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (rod thurber)

>1) best east-coast band
        Plumtree
        Thrush Hermit

>2) best non-east-coast band
        Morphine
        Phish
>3) best east-coast LP
        TGPO - Thrush Hermit
        MOSD - SFZ
>4) best non-east-coast LP
        Yes - Morphine
        Alien Lanes - Guided By Voices
>5) best east-coast EP or single
        Flutterboard - Plumtree
>6) best non-east-coast EP or single

>7) best live performance (a single date, a single band please!)
        Phish Vancouver Qct/6/95
>8) best video (EC or non)
        That really cool Bjork one where she flies at the end

Peace People,
        Burb

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dale Houston)

Best East-Coast band:
        Sloan
        Hardship Post
        Jale

Best non East-Coast band:
        Luna
        Archers of Loaf
        The Beatles

Best East-Coast LP:
        Twice Removed
        (does that count? otherwise it's that Hardship Post lp)

Best non-East Coast LP:
        Mike Watt - Ball-hog or Tugboat?

Best East-Coast single:
        Sloan "Same old flame" (is that the b-side? well, i like it
        better than the a-side if it is)

Best non-East Coast single:
        C.D. Truth "We Got the Blimp" (they're a band from Akron, OH.
        "You think your town is great 'cause it's clean and doesn't
        smell so bad - BUT WE'VE GOT THE BLIMP!!")

Best Live Performance:
        Sloan & Jale at the Grog Shop in Cleveland in, like, February.
        There were maybe 20 people there. There were more for the
        lame-ass bands before them.

Best video:
        I don't watch MTV except for "The Maxx".

I hope to someday get a Superfriendz record but they're impossible to
find around here.

dale

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (D'Arcy Flueck)

>1) best east-coast band
      Eric's Trip
      Sloan
      the Super Friendz
>2) best non-east-coast band
      Superchunk
      Swervedriver
      Stereolab
>3) best east-coast LP
      Elevator to Hell - s/t
      the Super Friendz - mock up, scale down
>4) best non-east-coast LP
      Superchunk - here's where the strings come in
      Kronos Quartet - Night Prayers (i'm not sure if they released this in
1995)
      Archers of Loaf - vee vee
>5) best east-coast EP or single
      Eric's Trip - the Road South
      Sloan - Stood Up/ Same Old Flame 7"
      the edgefest murder 7"
>6) best non-east-coast EP or single
      the snailhouse sappy 7"
      Local Rabbits - put on your snow suit. you are going to hell!
>7) best live performance (a single date, a single band please!)
      this isn't a band, but the best live performance I've seen in 1995
would
      have to be by the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, under Jukka-Pekka
      Saraste, with Desmond Hoebig as solo cellist on December 2nd, 1995.
>8) best video (EC or non)
      i don't watch videos, they bore me to tears :P

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mmmm, I only listed the things I actually heard(as opposed to hearing of on
the list) so a lot of the stuff the rest of you are always raving about I'm
looking forward to hearing & seeing....Thanks to all the posters on the list
who have helped me discover loads of wonderful music!!

>1) best east-coast band

Thrush Hermit, Eric's Trip,

>2) best non-east-coast band

Blur, Spiritualized, Inbreds(non- east coast for a while!)

>3) best east-coast LP

Hardship Post:Somebody Spoke,

>4) best non-east-coast LP

Blur: the Great Escape, Radiohead: the Bends

>5) best east-coast EP or single

Thrush Hermit: TGPO, Sloan:Stood Up

>6) best non-east-coast EP or single

Black Grape: In the Name of the Father

>7) best live performance (a single date, a single band please!)

Thrush Hermit: Edgefest 3

>8) best video (EC or non)

Ick! I only have MTV so I haven't seen a good video this year....

Cheers!
R Baker

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Aaron Tuller)

(Sorry for my limited East Coast knowledge)

>1) best east-coast band
Eric's Trip

>2) best non-east-coast band
Mr. T Experience/Bomb Bassetts

>3) best east-coast LP
Elevator To Hell (subPop)

>4) best non-east-coast LP
Sonic Youth - Washing Machine (DGC)
Wynona Ryders - JD Salinger (Lookout!)
Karp - suplex (K)

>5) best east-coast EP or single
Thrush Hermit -Take another drag 7" (Bong Load)
Spine 7" (Zedd)

>6) best non-east-coast EP or single
Bikini Kill - I Like Fucking 7" (KillRockStars)

>7) best live performance (a single date, a single band please!)
Melvins - April 1st, San Francisco

>8) best video (EC or non)
Supernova - Math (AmRep)

-aaron

     _James R. Covey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>_    sloan net is a discussion of the
 ___| | ___   __ _ _ __      _ __   ___| |_  halifax / east coast music scene
/ __| |/ _ \ / _` | '_ \    | '_ \ / __| __| [un]subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\__ \ | |_| | |_| | | | |   | | | |  __| |_  to post to the list send mail to
Zedd recordZ/daydream records po box 29057 hfx shopping centre hfx NS B3L 4T8

             "Interestingly enough, the big companies are mostly in favour of
decentralization.  The president of a large Canadian bank recently . . . said
publicly that national standards in social programs were nonsense.  Everyone,
he said, has different needs.  He didn't, unfortunately, go on to explain the
different regional needs of cancer and heart attack victims.
                          - John Ralston Saul, _The Unconscious Civilization_