Hi All, After realising how to get slony to do partitioned tables, I've finally setted on this replication sets. (at that time, I thought this was the best method)
tables parent -> child1 -> child2 -> child3 .... ... -> child52 where the childs are partitioned every week and I decided to put them into Quarters such that I can easily drop the old partitions and remove the sets from replication. eg: replication set 1 (Q1) -> parent Table -> child1 -> child2 ... -> child12 replication set 2(Q2) ->child 13 -> child14 ... ... -> child24 problem now, is that I want to add a new column into them. How do I go about it? Do I 1) Do execute script on EACH replication set consequtively? 2) Do execute script on each Table? (since supposedly slony treats them NOT as partitioned tables, but as individual tables) [somehow, I don't think this will work] 3) remove the tables from being parent/child partitions and do execute script on EACH table in EACH replication set? Please help out out here. Thanks _______________________________________________ Slony1-general mailing list [email protected] http://lists.slony.info/mailman/listinfo/slony1-general
