Your query of information_schema.tables will work fine to determine if slony schema is installed. You can take the results of this query (particularly table_schema) then call:

SELECT _table_schema.getlocalnodeid('_table_schema')

With this result, you can determine if the node is a receiver or provider for any sets via a query of sl_subscribe.

Regards,

JP

Knight, Doug wrote:

All,

I have a need to create a script that automatically determines if slony is installed and replicating on a specific database. The idea is that another script that handles time partitioned table drops/creates could call this script to determine if it needs to do any special slony processing instead of its direct drop/create statements (i.e. pass the SQL via slonik EXECUTE SCRIPT). I figure I’ll be looking in the information_schema schema for the current database. Is there any particular place I should look (maybe the existence of an sl_status table in information_schema.tables)? Any best practices would be great.

Thanks,

Doug Knight

------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Slony1-general mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slony.info/mailman/listinfo/slony1-general


--
JP Fletcher
Database Administrator
Afilias Canada
voice: 416.646.3304 ext. 4123
fax: 416.646.3305
mobile: 416.561.4763
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


_______________________________________________
Slony1-general mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slony.info/mailman/listinfo/slony1-general

Reply via email to