I don't get it. Can you explain a bit more.

As i have 1 master and 1 slave. Then i run a toggle script that changes my 
slave to master and my master to slave.

Therefore, My previous slave is a new master.

Now, I want to toggle again. And it is giving me an error. What is wrong in it ?

- Owais

-----Original Message-----
From: Melvin Davidson [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2009 08:08 AM
To: [email protected], 'owais'
Subject: RE: [Slony1-general] How to shut-down slony replication

owais,

>when I togglefrom slave to master, it gives me error.

>"_OAK_CLUSTER".getMaxXid(); - ERROR: Slony-I: set 1 doesnot originate on local 
>node

The purpose of the switchover is to change the master to the slave and slave to 
master. But you cannot switch from a slave to a master. There is no point in 
that.

Melvin Davidson




--- On Mon, 6/8/09, owais <[email protected]> wrote:

From: owais <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: [Slony1-general] How to shut-down slony replication
To: "'Melvin Davidson'" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Date: Monday, June 8, 2009, 1:39 AM

Toggling from master to slave is working fine. But when I togglefrom slave to 
master, it gives me error.

<stdin>:19: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR select"_OAK_CLUSTER".lockSet(1); 
select"_OAK_CLUSTER".getMaxXid(); - ERROR: Slony-I: set 1 doesnot originate on 
local node

Kindly help me

-Owais

From: Melvin Davidson[mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 7:18 PM
To: [email protected]; owais
Subject: Re: [Slony1-general] How to shut-down slony replication


To temporarily stop replication, I issue pkill slon on the master and all slave.

 To toggle a master and slave, I use a slonik script like one below:
 ===========================================================
 slonik <<_EOF_

 #--
 # define the namespace the replication system uses in our example it is
 # slony_example
 #--
 CLUSTER NAME = $PTS_META_REP;

 #--
 # admin conninfo's are used by slonik to connect to the nodes one for each
 # node on each side of the cluster, the syntax is that of PQconnectdb in
 # the C-API
 # --
 node 1 admin conninfo='dbname=$MASTERDBNAME host=$MASTERHOST port=$PGPORT 
user=$REPLICATIONUSER';
 node 101 admin conninfo='dbname=$MASTERDBNAME host=$SLAVEHOST1 port=$JCIPORT 
user=$REPLICATIONUSER';

 # ----
 # Switchover to node 101, make node 1 the slave
 # ----

 lock set (id = 1, origin = 1);
 wait for event (origin = 1, confirmed = 101);
 move set (id = 1, old origin = 1, new origin = 101);
 wait for event (origin = 1, confirmed = 101);

 _EOF_
 ===========================================================

 Likewise to switch back, I use:

 ===========================================================
 slonik <<_EOF_

 #--
 # define the namespace the replication system uses in our example it is
 # slony_example
 #--
 CLUSTER NAME = $PTS_META_REP;

 #--
 # admin conninfo's are used by slonik to connect to the nodes one for each
 # node on each side of the cluster, the syntax is that of PQconnectdb in
 # the C-API
 # --
 node 1 admin conninfo='dbname=$MASTERDBNAME host=$MASTERHOST port=$PGPORT 
user=$REPLICATIONUSER';
 node 101 admin conninfo='dbname=$MASTERDBNAME host=$SLAVEHOST1 port=$JCIPORT 
user=$REPLICATIONUSER';

 # ----
 # Switchover to node 1, make node 101 the slave
 # ----

 lock set (id = 1, origin = 101);
 wait for event (origin = 101, confirmed = 1);
 move set (id = 1, old origin = 101, new origin = 1);
 wait for event (origin = 101, confirmed = 1);

 _EOF_

 ===========================================================
Melvin Davidson



 --- On Tue, 6/2/09, owais <[email protected]> wrote:

 From: owais <[email protected]>
 Subject: [Slony1-general] How to shut-down slony replication
 To: [email protected]
 Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2009, 7:17 AM
Hi guys, I just start looking in to slony1 project. The project has impressed 
me a lot. I have successfully manage to start the replication between two 
databases (one the same machine). I have used the following article to setup 
slony replication (http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7834).

Now, I have the following questions:

1)What is the procedure to stop replication process? Can anyone present me a 
sample shell script?

2)Is it possible to toggle master and slave? I only have 1 master database and 
1 slave. Can I change slave to master?

-Regards

Owais



 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----
_______________________________________________
 Slony1-general mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slony.info/mailman/listinfo/slony1-general






_______________________________________________
Slony1-general mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slony.info/mailman/listinfo/slony1-general

Reply via email to