I am trying to set up SlonyI to replicated a master DB to two slaves and I am 
encountering an error when I try to set up the routes. I have the following 
Slonik script:

cluster name = mycluster;
node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=mydb host=master user=postgres';
node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=mydb host=slave1 user=postgres';
node 3 admin conninfo = 'dbname=mydb host=slave2 user=postgres';

init cluster ( id=1, comment='abc' );
create set ( id=1, origin=1, comment='abcd' );
set add table ( set id=1, origin=1, id=1, fully qualified 
name='myschema.mytable', comment='a Table' );

store node ( id=2, comment='slave1', event node=1 );
store path ( server=1, client=2, conninfo='dbname=mydb host=master 
user=postgres' );
store listen ( origin=1, provider=1, receiver=2 );

store node ( id=3, comment='slave2', event node=1 );
store path ( server=1, client=3, conninfo='dbname=mydb host=master 
user=postgres' );
store listen ( origin=1, provider=1, receiver=3 );


However, it is failing on the second call to store node as the cluster schema 
was already created in the first call to store node. I am curious as to why the 
first call is touching my slave2 database. Is this the proper way to have 
two-slave replication?

Error message is: "Error: namespace "_mycluster" already exists in database of 
node 3".

Thanks,
g h


      

_______________________________________________
Slony1-general mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slony.info/mailman/listinfo/slony1-general

Reply via email to