On Fri, 28 Nov 2014, 上原 一樹 wrote:

Hi,

Please tell me.
I have understood that helper threads was removed at 2.1.4 → 2.2.0.
Why this log is remained here?

I think the log text referencing a helper thread is now out dated. The connection to the remote nodes used to query sl_log data is used by the remoteWorkerThread's in 2.2

The block of code following that log message (to disconnect from the remote database) I think still would apply in certain cases.

slony1-2.2.0/src/slon/remote_worker.c

1695         if (provider->set_head == NULL)
1696         {
1697             /*
1698              * Tell this helper thread to exit, join him and destroy thread
1699              * related data.
1700              */
1701             slon_log(SLON_CONFIG, "remoteWorkerThread_%d: "
1702                      "helper thread for provider %d terminated\n",
1703                      node->no_id, provider->no_id);

Does this slon_log only inform user about whether provider is empty?

regards,
uehara

--
上原 一樹