Hello :-) I've set up Slony on a pair of test machines, and it worked as
expected. This was done using database superusers across all parts of the
configuration. I wanted to lower the privilege requirements, as was deemed
possible in the Slony documentation, but I'm having trouble with that extra
part of configuration. The section on security considerations <
http://www.slony.info/documentation/2.2/security.html> reads:

> The Remote slon connection information is specified in the SLONIK STORE
PATH command when adding paths. The slon daemon needs to connect to remote
databases with sufficient permissions to: (...)

> Note that this role does not have any need to modify data; it purely
involves SELECT access.

So this seems to be the (only) place where I can use a less privileged
user, and that seems helpful in the scenario where I run a slon instance on
each node (instead of running all instances on the master node) — I
wouldn't need to open superuser access to other hosts. However this piece
of documentation above seems to contradict the documentation for STORE PATH
 <http://www.slony.info/documentation/2.2/stmtstorepath.html>:

> The conninfo string must contain all information to connect to the
database as the replication superuser.

So I don't know if my understanding is not correct, or maybe if there's
some problem with the documentation. I tried changing the connection
parameters in several ways (directly in the slon daemon invocation, or in
slon_tools.conf, or in STORE PATH…). But it seemed better than solve this
by trial-and-error to come and ask if anyone has some more pointers on how
can I set this up :-)

Thanks in advance,
Eduardo