On Fri, 16 Sep 2016, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> So I tried to subscribe a set with SET ADD TABLES using the regular
> expression with TABLES and every single time it would error out with a
> deadlock detected.
>
> It's a cool idea, but the way it takes out locks seems to make it not
> really useful.
>
> Are there any plans to have it operate similar to creating a long list
> of tables and running a single table add for each one, so it doesn't
> get deadlocks?
>
> Just wondering, it's not a world-stopper, just a slight annoyance.

I don't think anyone has raised this before.

The issue with having 'set add table' use an individual transaction for each
table would be that if the command failed in the middle some tables would be
added and some woudln't be.

I guess we could have an option to to give this behaviour if people wanted
but I wouldn't make it the default.

Steve