Hi

We are currently running our master server on SuSE 10 with Postgres 9.3 and
Slony 2.2.3. Our slaves are running on CentOS, also with Postgres 9.3 and Slony
2.2.3.

We are running a project to upgrade the master to SuSE 12 and Postgres 9.6.
Unfortunately Slony 2.2.3 would not install so we went up to 2.2.6.
Unfortunately this means that we have to upgrade the slaves to 2.2.6 as well.

However, 2.2.7 has just been released which includes the enable_version_check
feature.

If we went up to 2.2.7 on the master and turned version checking off, would
this enable master and slaves to replicate, or would the version checking in
the slave prevent it?

If turning off version checking does allow replication, are 2.2.3 and 2.2.7
compatible with each other?

Thanks

 Andy