On Tue, 11 Jun 2019, Tory M Blue wrote:

Ya will take a look, I also thought that bypassing the slon schema would solve
it but apparently not, we
can have 2-10million count in the sl_log before it clears and it's apparent
that the replication is not
happening, so I'll poke around some more. Glad to see folks are still around :)

Thanks
Tory

The large number of rows in sl_log is expected. The pg_dump opens a transaction and the rows can't be cleaned up by the cleanupThread until all transactions that might use those rows are gone.

I am a bit surprised that replication stops.
I know many sites take pg_dump's from slon replicas.

Steve