On Fri, 22 Oct 2021, Sung Hsin Lei via Slony1-general wrote:

This question may have been asked already. I have noticed that if it takes 10
days for the initial data transfer to complete, if the transfer
is interrupted after 9 days, the transfer resumes from day 1. In other words, I
need 10 days of uninterrupted connection between the master
and slave machine for replication to be established properly. Is this the case
or did I mess up somewhere?
Another question. On a new replication(empty tables on the slave), I see the
initial transfer stuck on TRUNCATE for a long time for big
tables. Sometimes, it truncates the same table several times. I remember
getting an explanation for why it is so. Is there a way to make the
initial transfer faster(avoiding the truncate)?

If you already have at least one replica you might be able to use CLONE PREPARE / CLONE FINISH and OMIT COPY to speed things up.

Truncates taking a long time might be because you have an open transaction with locks against the table.

Regards

Sung