No, on the system that acts that way, (powerbook) not two installs, the
alt-Fn keys move me around the desk top as if the desk top were several
desk tops, the alt-shift arrow keys move me around too... but if I go to
the area diagonally opposite, it always returns to the 0 0 position first
then moves to where I wanted to go - the alt-Fn way goes straight there.
I forgot that when I set up 0.16 I edited the config files
(keybindings.cfg etc) so I must have changed a setting there to do it -
the powerbook has a one button mouse so I had to be resourceful and use my
trouble shooting flow chart...
1.Open all config files
2.cut'n'paste between them.
3.Do you know what you did? | yes go to 2.| no go to 4.
4.Try it to see if it works. | Yes have a beer | No have a beer.
I have found it to be very successful till the beer runs out...
I'll go through the configs and find what I did.....
It is a good mod though....
Regards, Mehmet
On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Anand Kumria wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Mehmet Yousouf wrote:
>
> > Anand Kumria wrote:
> > >
> > Nope, definately virtual, one pager, alt-F1 gives top left, altF2 gives
> > top right etc... checked in settings definately set for virtual and not
> > multiple. Just got email from "the man" himself... amazing service eh?
>
> Well I run one of my systems with virtual desktops and the other with
> multiple desktops. The `out of the box' config using alt-F1 etc only
> works on the machine using multiple desktops.
>
> But if you have multiple versions that could be another reason too.
>
> Anand
>
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text