> Jeffrey Bennet wrote a really good piece on this in this month's
APC. You
> can see it online at:
>
http://apcmag.com/apcweb/workshop.nsf/0F5AA6C92D05B235CA25639D002AA
CFB/B2FC
> 805F3EA01224CA256834008312B3?OpenDocument (gotta love those Notes
URLs).
> Or, you could buy the magazine if you want a printed copy.


Hmm... What a great article! This is essentially wat I want to do,
although I'm going to add a few user-friendly scripts on top so the
caf� and bookshop staff can do it without having fits... :)

This will work wonders once I convince the PHB's that Linux is the
way to go, however, for the moment, the CyberCafe server is an NT4
box (hideously difficult to manage remotely - come to think of it,
it's a pain even when it's sitting right in front of me).

Will the tomsrtbt disk be able to mount an SMB share so it can save
and copy an image? I've looked through the mailing list, and there
are a few references to what I'm interested in doing, but nothing
concrete. Mostly a lot of arguments about disk geometry! :)


Thanks for your help,

Jeff


-------------------------------------------------------------------

   e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   w: rsn
   i: 16341281 (jdub!)
   q: "For a list of ways detailing how technology has failed to
       improve our lives, please press 3."



--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to