Angus Lees wrote:
> 
> On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 12:03:02PM +1100, Richard PIper wrote:
> > Since I upgraded from redhat 5.X to 6.1 telnet sessions
> > timeout after 10-15 minutes. I am sure this is a great idea
> > from the point of view of security, but it gets a little
> > tiring after a while.
> >
> > Any help appreciated ..
> 
> i don't know anything about redhat, but there are several daemons that
> will do this..
> 
> idled and logoutd come to mind
> 

I think I found the answer to the problem:

http://www.linuxdoc.org//HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO-7.html#ss7.12

7.12 TELNET connections seem to break if I don't use them often. Why is
that? 

IP Masq, by default, sets its timers for TCP session, TCP FIN, and UDP
traffic to 15 minutes. It is recommend to use the following settings (as
already
shown in this HOWTO's /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall ruleset) for most users: 

Riohard
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to