Oops! I mistyped the address!


Hi,
The scsi card is now working I think.  When I do:insmod aha1542  I get:
Configuring Adaptec (SCSI-ID 7) at IO:330, IRQ 11, DMA priority 5
scsi : 0 host.
  Vendor: EPSON     Model: SCANNER GT-8500    Rev: 1.26
  Type:   Processor                           ANSI SCSI revision: 01

I also did
ln -s /dev/sgh /dev/scanner

If I do ( from an xterminal)
xscanimage
I get
xscanimage: no devices available.
How should I specify the device? man xscanimage states "When invoked
without an explicit devicename argument, xscanimage presents a dialog
listing all known and available devices. To access an available device
that is not known to the system, the devicename must be specified
explicitly."

I have tried things like
xscanimage /dev/scanner
but this only brings up a message "Failed to open device
'/dev/scanner':Invalid argument.

I'm sure it must be a simple thing but I often find the man pages
unclear.

TIA

Ken


Reply via email to