On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I got my Xmas present early last night - a new hd. I have only used windows up to 
>now. We've got the new disk with linux root and swap on half, and I want to continue 
>using mswindows on the other half.
> What file system i=should I make on the windows partition. Is is mkfs.msdos ?
> Will Windows recognise a file system made under Linux. Do I have to change it in 
>BIOS.
> Tia

You should create the partitions you need for Linux only. Delete the
partitions you intend to use for Windows and let windows create them.

---<GRiP>---
Grant Parnell ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Ph: 02-9715-6171  Mobile 0408-686-201 Web: http://www.poboxes.com/gripz
Work: 02-9335-0435  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Web: http://www.ce.com.au


--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to