Hey all,
> There is no "English convention". English took plural forming
conventions
> from many languages, e.g. ox -> oxen from Germanic languages.
Which begs the question (one which I've been dying to ask for
ages):
What is the story behind geeks calling multiple computers "boxen"?
Could it be that ox is to oxen as box is to boxen?
It seems to be exclusive to geeks (and primarily those of a Unix
persuasion I might add)!
I hope you all enjoy celebrating the *real* reason for the silly
season this year, even if it is just a warm-up run for the main
event next time around the sun!
Ciao - Jeff
-------------------------------------------------------------------
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w: rsn
i: 16341281 (jdub!)
q: "For a list of ways detailing how technology has failed to
improve our lives, please press 3."
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text