Richard,

I know what NOT to choose.  I'm a newbie struggling
with installing Linux on my Dell Latitude CPi 400GT
laptop.  The sound doesn't work and X windows only
video runs on the lowest resolution.  

Apparently its video card is not well supported, nor
is its soundcard by the XFree86 drivers.

CK


--- "Lane, Richard M" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> I'm looking for laptop to run linux and EvilWare 98
> (so I can play EverQuest, which doesn't have a linux
> port),
> was wondering if anyone had any advice. EverQuest
> requires
> a fast (read: very fast) 3D card, abviously the
> system has to
> run linux / XFree86 as well.
> 
> Any suggestions on which brands / models I should be
> looking at?
> 
> I'll have a fair amount to spend, but keep the
> suggestions sensible :)
> 
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Richard Lane, Unix Specialist #include
> <disclaimer.h>
> EDS Australia - Software Services Asia Pacific
> EDS Email:    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List -
> http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text
> 
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to