Well, I've finally moved the 'internet gateway' at my work from
win95/wingate to Linux 2.2/squid/sendmail/fetchmail. It's basically a demo
of linux's capabilities to the boss, so I want this to work.
However, I've rooted configuring fetchmail pretty good.
The problem is that I'm trying to do precisely what fetchmail's manpage
says does not work well: fetch mail from a multi-drop mailbox using IMAP
and forward it to the local MTA for delivery. The gateway machine connects
using PPP to an ISP and gets a dynamic IP address during business hours;
the rest of the time it's not connected. As the manpage warns will happen,
some mail (mostly from lists) is getting bounced because fetchmail isn't
finding the recipient address in the headers (sometimes it's not even
there anyway).
What's the correct way to do this? What is ETRN and should I use it?
Could someone mail me a working .fetchmailrc for this situation? It's not
a very unusual one, I believe.
Thanks
--m@
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text