from man route

       gw Gw  Any  IP packets for the target network/host will be
              routed through the specified  gateway.   NOTE:  The
              specified  gateway  must  be  reachable first. This
              usually means that you have  to  set  up  a  static
              route to the gateway beforehand. If you specify the
              address of one of your local interfaces, it will be
              used  to  decide  about  the interface to which the
              packets should be routed to. This is a BSDism  com-
              patibility hack.


how about `/sbin/route add -host 139.130.45.83 gw 203.41.215.171`. 
Maybe you can force packets out one of your 203.41.215.160/27 ips this
way.  I'm not really sure but perhaps it's worth trying.

Peter Vogel wrote:
> However I remember why I used .171 instead of the .84 when I first set
> the system up; I used the.84 address and found that I cannot reach
> hermes.net.au which happens to be at .83 (on the same router).  After
> much discussion with Telstra, they suggested that if my ip messages went
> out with an .84 return address, they would not get routed back to me.
> 
> So now I have aliasing working but cannot reach services who share my
> Telstra p.o.p. router :(
> 
> Any ideas??

-- 

Alexander Else
Internet Operations Technician
OzEmail / UUNET Asia Pacific Operations
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to