I dont know about SMB cos ive managed to avoid Win altogether. Netatalk
works well for appletalk though.

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Ian Ward wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> Some advice if you please.
> 
> I had the great pleasure of "upgrading" a server from Windows NT 
> to RH 6.1  SAMBA is setup to be a domain controller for the wintel PC's
> 
> The iMacs (same as the PC's) are picking up an IP address and 
> domain name via DHCP very nicely.
> 
> What would be the best way to give the iMacs the same drive shares?
> 
> They run Microsoft Word on the Macs as well as the PC's, 
> so they would naturally like to access the same document shares.
> 
> I remember some software called "DAVE" gave macs Msoft SMB,
> but has anyone had any experience setting up an appletalk type 
> network with Linux?  Should I even bother to try? stick with SMB?
> Is DAVE Open Source or $$$$ ?
> 
> Thanks in advance.
> Ian
> 
> 
> 
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text
> 

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to