Turns out to be a bug in the version of cdrecord I was using (1.8a01) affecting all 
mmc compat drives.
Applied a patch that I managed to find on a newsgroup listing (not on cdrecords's 
site) and everything worked fine. Just downloaded the new 1.8a03 to see if it will 
work without the patch. Hopefully it will otherwise I will have to patch the source 
manually I imagine - at least now I know what to look for.
Thanks for the help everyone

Mark Wallis

EOM 

NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of the addressee 
named above.  It may also be confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the 
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not 
disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this 
message in error please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to