You could try running 
        tcpdump -i <internet_interface> port not (20 or 21) on your
Internat connecting box and then see if any traffic is happening at all.
Your ftp is probably bogging down your bandwidth, but something should be
getting thru.

Howard.
______________________________________________________
LANNet Computing Associates <http://www.lannet.com.au>

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Peter Vogel wrote:

> I'm running RH5.2 and find that when someone is doing a big ftp from my
> server, my lan which is connecting to the internet via ipmasq is no
> longer able to use the net.
> 
> Is this because the server is spending all its time serving the ftp?
> 
> How can I find out, and what can I do about it?
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Peter
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text
> 

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to