-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
Peter Chubb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Is anyone using the Epson Stylus Colour Photo 700 with Linux?
A small caveat for the Epson printers. A number of them (typically
those in the lower price ranges) are Windows only. While I am not sure
of the support under Linux for such printers, any printer that cannot
have plain text sent to it for printing should make a Linux user wary.
I am not sure if the 700 is one of these printers or not. I'm sure
someone else will know for sure.
> Lucy's bought herself a Nikon negative scanner, and now we're looking
> for a printer capable of near-photo-quality output. There are specials
> on in various shops at present for the '700
Thought about a Canon? I've compared some Epsons with Canons, and the
Canons appear to produce a slightly better print quality, in some cases
better than HP (which is a surprise).
Aussie
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP 6.0.2 -- QDPGP 2.60
Comment: Please verify this signature. http://www.pgpi.com
iQA/AwUBOOn/pJZb9oayhFBBEQL9bgCgtRmFiLj4jWVBVJK3TCYumaxMPNUAoO0j
O36cULFtULqOWEB2GK/9ci69
=fN9E
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
PGP Key Block available at:
http://aussie.mine.nu/aussie/pgp_key.txt
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text