On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Minh Van generated:

>in the 'nice' man page, it says a process -20 to 19 has highest to lowest
>priorities respectively.
>
>now 'swapon -s' doesn't seem to adhere to this scale because "-1"
>priority swap files are used before -2 or -3 and so on.
>
>is this "high to low" system reversal for swap files an isolated thing ?

Process priorities and swap file usage are completely unrelated, so I
wouldn't expect there to be any corellation between the two scales.
IMHO the niceness values are damn confusing, when you want to increase
the priority you've got to decrease the niceness... I suppose it makes
sense when I put it like that.. :)

-- 
jamesw

Fortunatley, not all of the world lives in the United States.
                -- ssl(8), OpenBSD 2.6
------------------------------
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to